December Home Tasks
• Detach hoses in case of freezing temperatures. Remove all paints, caulks and liquid materials from garage or garden sheds.
• Check the operation of all ground-fault circuit interrupter outlets by pushing the "test" button. The "reset" button should pop out, indicating the receptacle is operating properly. Press in the reset button.
• Check inside bathroom vanities and kitchen sink cabinets for moisture and other signs of leaks. Carefully inspect pipes for condensation or slow drips.
• Review the family fire escape plan with every household member.
• Unpack and test all electrical holiday decorations. Repair or discard any that do not function properly.
• Watch for sales on tools before and after the holiday season.